Monday, September 16, 2013

Exercise vs Healthy Eating, Which is the better option?

In an imperfect world we find people are often choosing one or the other.



Ideally people should do both to be healthier and possibly prevent a range of different potential illnesses. However it has been my experience people are happy with simply doing one or the other and expecting results.

So which is better?


I guess this would depend on what you want to achieve, maybe you feel dead on your feet all the time and with no energy in which case food may be the way to choose. on the other hand you may feel you need to lose some weight or cant walk as far as you would like, in which case exercise would probably be the better choice.

I for one eat quite unhealthier yet am a big exerciser. I believe this is the better option then one whom is a healthy eater but does not exercise. I believe it is the better option for a few reasons:

1. Exercise is often far more cheaper then purchasing healthier food.
2. Is more effective at helping losing weight and keeping fit.
3. Helps deal with stress.

Here is 20 great other reasons exercise helps: http://www.health24.com/Fitness/Exercise/20-proven-benefits-of-exercise-20120721
My personal favorite is number 13: Exercise is great for your sex life.


Eat more healthily or exercise more?

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also feel that exercise is the better choice if you had to pick between the two. I've recently just gotten back in to formal exercise after a little over a year off. In that time I've put on weight and also feel less energetic. I do however think that a balanced diet AND exercise is the best way to go; and you can still do this while feeling like your eating junk food. The Griffith University 'Feed Me' cookbook and 'The Vegan Stoner' (theveganstoner.blogspot.com) both have some fantastic recepies that take about 15 minutes that are really healthy but still seem like junk food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the problem with people eating mainly junk food is the fact that they don't want to make it at all. Hence takeaway if often ate. Great link though I think I might think of trying a few of those recipes myself. Thanks

      Delete
  3. Healthy diet without physical activity is almost pointless and vice versa. Also combining those two reduces the need to go into extremes with both. For example, does the occasional consumption of unhealthy food really affect people's health if they are every day active? I'd say it doesn't. But it do agree that exercise is more affective when it comes to maintaining good health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit I rarely seem to eat healthy these days but am not overweight and consider myself fairly fit and healthy overall. Ideally I could be healthier and yes combining the two would be ideal as eating healthy can provide more energy to exercise more, and exercising will make me hungry again so I can eat more healthily. A great circle of life.

      Delete